Week 39 ipod touch, looks perfect, but is it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paetrick, Oct 18, 2007.

1. paetrick macrumors regular

I just got my ipod touch (week 39), i was amazed by the screen (and am still), I've no issues with the black or with dead pixels, but someone mentioned glitter of some kind in the screen. (in another thread

I don't know, but if i i force my eyes on a black bakground on the ipod touch, it feels like something glittery might be there, i can't really see it so i can't really tell :p, I have nothing to compare to, does everyone have this? (I know it's the same on my DS touch screen).

I can't really tell if it's anything there or if it's in my mind :p, can you please look closely on ur touch and tell me if there's total BLACK without any "not being able to see glitter" :p thanks !

To se it, you need to have full brightness on !

2. California King macrumors 65816

I think it has that on all ipt's. I dont think its a big deal at all. Its only noticable if you look really hard. I wouldnt have ever noticed it if i didnt hear it on this forum

3. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

I would never have noticed either if it wasn't for macrumors, I just wanna know that it is on all touch, if i had a defective one i want to replace it as soon as possible, but it seems to be "normal".

4. pimmysays macrumors member

I know exactly what your talking about, something just isn't right with the blacks when I watch a wide screen movie. It probably is still messed up but this was my 3rd iPod touch and it is the best one yet (no dead pixels!) so until i see one better then mine I'm going to stick with this one.

5. FangYuan macrumors newbie

Just got an ipod touch from apple retail store yesterday. I have a question is, what does week 38, 39 or 40 mean? Where can I fine the week no. on my ipod?

Thank you.

6. Gerard. macrumors member

On the back of your box theres a serial number, the last two characters are the week. Or you can find out in settings i think. Correct me if im wrong.. I dont have a touch yet.

7. dagored macrumors 65816

I've had a week 39 for 2 weeks and find it flawless. I really liked it. Today, after a software install, I love it. Mail, Maps, etc. Best thing ever invented. I can't put it down.

8. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so this is really something every ipod touch got? (it's not really a negative thing as u can't really see it), but if it's a defect it should be replaced...

But the screens looks like that? oor?

9. aman29 macrumors newbie

The first 5 characters of my serial number are 1A7406. does anyone know what week my ipod touch is?

10. uburoibob macrumors regular

Man, the frenzy this board can whip people into. Your touch is fine. Perfect. Lovely. If you have to take the whole thing apart to see if something might be wrong, the only thing that's wrong is the notion that something might be wrong!

Whoa. Anyway. Relax and enjoy your purchase.

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Week 40.

The serial number says the year of manufacturing in the third number and the next two numbers are the week. So 740 means 2007, week 40.

12. amakadia macrumors newbie

sorta

i just got my wk 40 ipod touch on Thur and i looked, but i only see the glitter on some of my pixels, only about 1 in 10

13. Cormier6083 macrumors regular

Cormier6083

Glittery? Maybe that means your iTouch is
    [​IMG]

If it gets too annoying, take it your local Apple store.

14. chrismball macrumors newbie

glitter? Does it look like this - http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/screencams/control-shot1.jpg ?

They're hot pixels and there's really nothing you can do about it, except to have Apple diagnose it and maybe send you a new one.

A screen full of stuck, hot, or dead pixels is a sign of extremely poor manufacturing. Most companies have policies that ensure replacement if the LCD screen has more than a couple stuck or dead pixels. Apple does not.

15. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

No i'm not talking about stuck or dead pixels (i have 2), but if you turn the brightness on FULLY, and watch a BLACK background you will see something i call glitter, over the whole screen (ONLY if you focus and you need to be 5cm from the screen or even closer to see it) - it is all over the screen but it's not really something you see if you don't focus.

I just want to know if this is normal !! (OBS it's not something you would see if someone didn't tell you, I read it on this forum and that's why i picked it up)

16. PurpleShaman macrumors member

yea i have that too....its really negligible anyways. browsing thru album art can sometimes do this too....i really think that its just the manufacturing and overall design of the touch.

17. Kinetic man macrumors newbie

I've noticed this too on my new week 32. Not only the "glitter" effect but about three stuck pixels (maybe?) too. Though they too look like the glitter to me, since they are only noticeable from certain angles and are of an indiscernible color.
    To the best of my knowledge though stuck pixels can come and go, and are very different from dead pixels which are well, dead and noticeable on any white background.

18. whiteness macrumors member

my first 5 ipod touch serial number is 9C810
    wats dat mean?

19. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

It means your iPod Touch was manufactured in week 10 of 2008.