Week 40 and Macy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BigCanoe, Oct 9, 2007.

1. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

Jan 13, 2003
    I bought a new touch today (yay me) at Best Buy. I was a little hesitant as the box had Macy Gray on it, and I thought the newer models didnt have her on the box. Well my serial number has a 40 in it, and no other numbers, so I guess its a week 40 with Macy. Can I open it now? :D
  2. adiemask macrumors member

Sep 20, 2007
    Manchester, England
    That will be one of the refurbished week 36's :D
  3. Nats16 macrumors member

Sep 30, 2007
    i think its fine for you to open it, i thought all the newer ones had macy on the front? i got my week 38 with her on the front and it works fine. :)
  4. Kyro macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2007
  5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2005
    More problems were with Corrine Bailey Rae boxes, not Macy Gray.
  6. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

Sep 14, 2007

I don't think the artwork on the box has much to do with anything. Problems stem from what week and factory the iPod was constructed.
  7. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2006
    that's too bad. I personally hate the timbre of her voice (too nasally). i would much rather have an high quality artist like Corrine Bailey Rae grace the front of my box.

I got mine from jandr.com so i didn't have a choice (but at least i didn't have to pay tax)
  8. Adorada macrumors member

Jul 31, 2007
    Yeah, it seems like you got a week 40 and from what I've seen, Macy is on the front of most newer ones.

I picked up one today from my local Wal-Mart for $286 (incl. tax. I work in electronics so I was patiently waiting for them to come in, must of checked the UPC every day til I knew 2 were coming in). I wanted a week 39/40 but got a week 38. So far no problems, even though it does have Corine Bailey Rae on the front. Overall I love it.
  9. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

Sep 14, 2007

Was that for the 8GB or 16GB? I'm curious as to how much markup there is on these.
  10. queshy macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    I wonder of CBR knows her name/face is associated with iPod touches from hell! I'm sure she would be upset.