Week 44 Any Problems???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dakotafearn, Nov 14, 2007.

1. dakotafearn macrumors newbie

HI,
    i'M new to this whole forum thing but anyway im just bought a week 44 ipod touch and i was wondering if anyone knows any problems or anything about it. Also i was wondering if anyone has bought a "skin" from pixeldecal.com and if so if they are satisfied with it and if it was easy to apply???:confused::p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::apple::apple::apple::p:D:D

thanks you ahead of time,
    dakota

2. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Hey, just letting you know... in the future, don't put a ton of smileys like you did earlier. That might make some people mad. Just letting you know, we all learn around here. :) Welcome to MacRumors!!

3. dakotafearn thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry...do u know anything bout the week 44 touch

4. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

After week 38 things seem to be fine.

5. JJLT76 macrumors newbie

how exactly do you know what week number iPod you have, i ask this because i might buy one and wana make sure i get a newer one.

6. dakotafearn thread starter macrumors newbie

the 4th and 5th characters in the serial number is the week number....ex. XXX44XXXXX

7. sathinator macrumors newbie

Week 44 Problems TOO!!!

I have just got a replacement Week 44 Touch 16BG and the screen on that is crap too. What a disappointment. I really love the device, but the contrast is appalling and the viewing angle is atrocious. I'm trying to get a refund as we speak.

8. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

I just bought the second Touch I've had and it's a week 45, yet it still has a slight net black effect and sometimes,like just now, the touch function will stop working. Very disappointed,probably going to Future Shop to return, as I just got it yesterday. I really like it, too. Only problem is the crap quality control and news of a bigger touch being announced at Macworld, which isn't reassuring for those of us that just bought an 8gb because the 16gb will likely be sold at $299 once the bigger one is released.

Wish it weren't like this, but it's sad to see such a great piece of hardware have so many flaws. Not bashing at all, just upset that a good Touch is hard to find.

9. cjmal macrumors 6502

Agreed. I just bought an iPod touch last week, returned it about 3 times. First one I received was a week 42, slight negative, week46 alot of negative, week 47 washed out screen with audio problems. I'm waiting till after macworld as well to purchase a new one, hopefully thinks should improve by then. I loved the touch as well, but im not settling on a crappy screen.

10. Ashtangi macrumors newbie

What is the return policy at Future Shop? Are there any issues with opened iPods? Can you keep exchanging until you find one you like?

I'm currently weighing my purchasing options between Future Shop, Best Buy, Costco and the Apple Store.

11. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Definitely go for Costco if they have the model you want. In Canada, they still offer their lifetime guarantee, which I've used several times on my Xbox 360. I would have gotten my Touch there but they didn't have it.

Future Shop is usually the last place I would want to buy anything, however, I was there and really wanted one. Also, any product bought now has the exchange and return policy extended until January 8th.

Best Buy has a good return policy(usually no questions) sometimes they will call someone to inspect it, but thats the worst and least of your troubles. Comparable to the Apple Store, although they sometimes charge a restocking fee.