Week Calendar HD very soon available!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by petvas, Apr 29, 2011.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

If you don't know Week Calendar, it is the best calendar app on the iPhone and very soon the iPad will also get the Week Calendar treatment.

Week Calendar HD will be available till Sunday, so get prepared!

This is the best Calendar app by far.

Have a look here: http://utilitap.com/weekcalendarhd/features.php

I am not affiliated in any way with the developers, I just love their app. I also find it a shame that another app, MiCal HD gets a lot of praise but compared to Week Calendar, it is simple not as good. (have nothing against MiCal).

The only thing that is bad about it is the name :)

EDIT: It is now available: http://t.co/FqfJEms

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have never heard of this one and to be honest I was happy with iCal on the iPad and iPhone. However having looked at the screen shots this looks to be very nice and the price is about right!!! Thank you for the link, going to really look into this.

3. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I think the problem with it is the name. Everybody believes that it is only a week view, but it is much more than that.
    Please also note that the developer told me that he was going to pull the app on Saturday and put it again online on Sunday, because they have national holidays and he wouldn't be able to support the users.
    If you don't see it on the AppStore just try again on Sunday and it will be there :)

I am playing now with it and I love the year view. The week view is also great. The only thing that I don't like a lot is the month view because it can get crowded. Another great thing is the ability to automatically color events based on text patterns. Really great!
    Template support and contact linking is also available. This is the best app ever!

4. Mess-I-Ah macrumors member

Mess-I-Ah

Checked it out via app store link, went & bought iPhone version now iPad version is nowhere to be found!

5. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

As I said in my previous post, the developer will make the app available on Sunday. In the meantime you can try this direct link: http://t.co/FqfJEms

It works here in the German AppStore without any problems.

6. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

7. Mess-I-Ah macrumors member

Mess-I-Ah

Emailed developerand he emailed me direct link in one minute!

8. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Links dont work for me in both US an CAN stores :(

9. jpow112 macrumors member

10. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

11. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

It seems that it will take a few days more. There were some bugs that are in the meantime fixed, so Apple has now to approve the new version. I can also confirm that the updated version works like a dream.
    I also believe that the developer chose to prefer to get the updated version approved before publicly releasing version 1.0 that had some bugs.
    As I said, the updated version was submitted to Apple.

12. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Totally amazing on the iPad, I thought the iPhone version was brilliant but this is fantastic on the bigger iPad screen!

13. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

Yes, I agree. The only problem is that most people still can't download it. The updated version should soon get approved and find its way to the AppStore.

14. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I just got word from the developer that the updated version of Week Calendar HD is now available. If you don't see it in iTunes yet, don't worry! The stores are being updated and will soon show it!

15. mctheriot macrumors regular

mctheriot

16. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Yay, downloaded! I've barely started it up, but already it works the way I expected the regular calendar app to, but it doesn't. Things like swiping from one day/month/etc to another, or tap and hold to add an event. Such basic stuff! I can't believe apple designed the calendar app without these.

17. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

18. kyparman macrumors newbie

Great app

It's very good though I don't understand why some events in the same calendar are faded in colour and others are not. Is there a setting whereby I can make them all the full colour version?

19. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

Can you post a screenshot?

20. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Generally, those are meetings you've marked as "tentative."