Week old 3G-s not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aeaglex07, Jun 30, 2009.

1. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

okay i have heard reports of these things overheating, mine has been a little too warm but nothing bad. Today the thing decided to stop working all together. It started powering off on its own and when i finally got home tonight it wouldn't power back on. This is ridiculous and unacceptable. The darned thing is only a week old WTH? I contacted Apple Care and I am awaiting them to call me about the matter. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I must say Apple really needs to restructure their quality control problems. With so many issues its beginning to make me second guess their priorities. Ive been an apple fanboy my whole life and i see them clearly going downhill now.:(

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I haven't of many issues???

3. zrbecker macrumors member

Unfortunate that you had an issue with yours, however you have to consider to thousands of people who had no issues at all.

There is no way that a company is going to release a device, especially as complex as the iphone, that doesn't have a few faulty units. Apple seems pretty good about replacing these units.

4. iwhat??? macrumors member

I activated mine on Saturday (it worked fine but battery seemed to drain fast with normal use) and on Sunday morning after a night of charging the 32gig white version was completely dead. The screen would not come on and holding the home and power button for at least 15 seconds did nothing. I took it to the store and the tech in the back could not power it on either despite various attempts, so they gave me a new one and it was activated with my old number (total time was about 40 min from in to out the door). They could not move over any data or the contacts list since they could not even power up the old 3GS phone.