Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akaplo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
Hi all,
I know that there are many battery threads for iPhone but would like to post one specific to my situation.

I got a new iPhone 4S less than a week ago from Verizon and immediately noticed that the battery drained quickly. The phone shipped with iOS 6.1.3 (which at the time of this writing is the current version).

The first thing I did upon unboxing it was turning off Siri and push notifications, setting fetch to manual, and enabling location services only for the cellular network, compass, and Find My iPhone. I leave WiFi and Bluetooth disabled, turning them on only when the phone is awake and I am using these services.

My problem: With everything turned off, my phone in standby with only the cellular radio turned on loses upwards of 10% battery life per hour, which seems insanely unnecessary.

What can I do to keep my battery life reasonable? I have not done a full battery cycle yet (drain to 0 & recharge to 100) but am in the middle of doing so. A restore seems superfluous for a brand new device. Should I return the device on grounds that it is defective?
Thanks for your help!
Aaron

le3x

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Do you have 3g and cellular data turned on? You can try to turn off the location services, because, they are serious reason for the power drain. Also, what about of huge amounts of different apps, working in background? If these advices will not help, you can try to do hard reset or even restore you phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.