Week View in Calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by paj, Jun 30, 2007.

1. paj macrumors regular

paj

I'm I missing something? where is the week view for the calendar? I see a day, month and a list of upcoming events, but how do I see just a week?

2. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

You can't just see a week, there's just List view there to see all the appointments in a list format. Or you could use Month view and look to see which days in the week are dotted (have something on them), then tap on the days in the week to see the appointments displayed below the month's calendar. Not ideal though!

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

It'd be really nice if turning the phone in landscape from list view would bring up week view. :D That'd be sooooo :apple:!!!!

4. higgalls macrumors regular

Yeah I wish it had the week view also. I use week view in iCal all the time, and so when I got my iPhone I was looking for a week view but found there wasn't one. Hopefully they will implement it some time.

5. LoB75 macrumors newbie

One year later...

One year later and after the firmware 2.0.0, I find it one of the most foolish thing regarding the iPhone/iPod touch. The lack of a week calendar view is simply unbelievable... :mad::mad::mad:

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use List View the most. Depending on your schedule it allows you to see several days in advance.

7. paj thread starter macrumors regular

paj

The list view is useful to see the next x number of events (regardless of timeframe), but it's not a substitute for the standard week view. With a true week view I can see at a glance what available time slots are free for meetings, etc. Unfortunately, it's another area in which the iPhone falls short of Apples 'Enterprise Ready' claim.

8. gottafly macrumors regular

great idea on the "landscape" mode to view week.

another alternative I would like to see is the ability to "resize" the "month view" calendar to free up more room at the bottom to view more than just 1 appointment.

9. LoB75 macrumors newbie

Could an app do that

Waiting for Apple to include this in a future firmware release, would it be conceivable that an app simply display calendar data using a week view, or is it made impossible due to the iPhone data storage concepts?

10. getalexfr macrumors newbie

getalexfr

I'm also waiting for this feature. I've just tried for two weeks to get used to the month/list views, but I just can't see as quickly where I have 'space in the week', as another poster also wrote.

I will have to use my paper diary for now - this is a serious shortcoming of the iphone.:(

11. expatCanuck macrumors newbie

Pocket Informant provides a week view

Hi folks -
    To the best of my knowledge, Apple still doesn't provide a weekly view in its Calendar app, but WebIS does in Pocket Informant.
    - Richard

12. randyg macrumors newbie

week view

Hopefully that will change now that Apple is opening up the Calendar info to devs. It's been a long wait for those of us that miss a week view. I'm looking for some great calendar apps once 4.0 is released. Another possibility that I haven't seen mentioned is that the built in Calendar app might support a week view. The iPad has it and it's running a newer version than the iPhone/iPod. Could be in 4.0 and they just didn't see fit to announce that during the intro.

13. mikerudolph22 macrumors regular

Lame

This seems like it would be an obvious thing to include. Just turn the iPhone to the side and there's the week view. AMAZES me every time I have to use this app I wish there were a week view...:mad:

14. amasadam macrumors newbie

myWeek

i found the following application in the AppStore:

http://itunes.apple.com/ch/app/myweek/id380485720?mt=8

It offers two different views for the week - using the same data as the original calendar - so no need for a separate synchronization tool. It has a nice overview of all Birthdays from your Contacts and offers a simple ToDo-Manager. Then there are also views for the complete Year, divided in weeks, for the Month and the Day. You can directly enter and edit events from within the App itself.

15. Jos Jong macrumors newbie

I fully agree with most of what is said here above

I used a Palm V and a Palm Zire for 10 years in total and always loved DateBk3/4 for its week view. From the day I bought an iPhone I looked for something similar. I even made a movie to compare Palm and iPhone on YouTube recently.

After trying most of the week view apps that are available, I decided to create one myself:

It is still very basic but I think it distinguishes itself in the following design aspects:
    - Only 2 or 3 taps needed to add or edit an event (all others that I know of need about 6 taps for this). See the movies on the website.
    - A very responsive week swipe

For me this is all I need in a calendar: a quick week overview and fast data entry.

Cheers, Jos

16. MrSingh macrumors regular

An app called 'Week Calendar' makes the default Calendar app look absolutely pathetic. Far too many featured to list here but suffice to say it has a week and year view. Most well designed and customisable app I have ever downloaded.

17. LxHunter macrumors 6502

"Week Calendar"

Let me add a second recommendation for "Week Calendar"
    Has everything including day-week-month-year views and highly configurable
    The developer is very responsive
    Best $1.99 I have spent

18. kerr macrumors member

Week Calendar is a phenomenally brilliant application. I was so happy when I found it, I would never consider using anything else and especially not the pathetic default app.

I don't have an iPad but I'm sure some iPad owners would grumble that the HD version is a separate app. Wouldn't bother me to pay a couple bucks.

I love that I can view (my choice) 5 days in portrait and a full week in landscape. That I can choose a small font for views of multiple days but a bigger font for a single day. I love that I can double tap between a single day and a full week, and back. I love that I can view 10 hours at a time, or 15 hours or 24 hours.

One small negative. I don't like the month view. I have seen other apps do it better. But for a very flexible week view, which is what I almost exclusively use, the app is close to perfect.

19. barings-prod macrumors newbie

how can i do to have more than 3 google calendars sync with my iPhone ?

20. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

iOS 5 has week view in the native calendar app when you rotate to landscape view

21. kc33 macrumors newbie

iphone calendar

any way to get events scheduled with useable phone numbers ( ie, notes format) into calendar or a calendar app??

22. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I'll add my recommendation for Pocket Informant.

In addition to a "week view", it can sync both ways to a free "To Do" (tasks) account at toodledo.com, taking care of two things lacking in the native calendar app.