Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
Geezo, that'll teach me to pick such an ambiguous, subjective subject.

I could have picked any number of these photos and given another day, maybe I would have. I considered listing several runner's-up but decided against it because I'd just have to list too many of them. Good job everyone; there were a lot of worthy entries and my not picking yours doesn't mean I didn't think it was a good photo or didn't express emotion. Ultimately, though, I kept coming back to the one by shieldyoureyes. I guess this one just spoke to me in a number of ways, in part because it touches on how I've been feeling of late (minus the broken collar bone). If I have one technical critique, I'd suggest that it could use a bit more depth of field. The hand is expressing the emotion as much as the face and overall color tones and I think it would be beneficial for the hand to be more in focus.

Again, good job everyone! :)

533910761_63f25bb496.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Nice choice... and a very good photograph. Congrats Shieldyoureyes, and it will be fun to see what you come up with for a topic...:)

ghostguts

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Congrats. It was one of my favorite photos from the contest.

So where's the next contest? :confused::p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.