Weekly Contest Results, April 1

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Apr 8, 2008.

1. otter macrumors 6502

Geezo, that'll teach me to pick such an ambiguous, subjective subject.

I could have picked any number of these photos and given another day, maybe I would have. I considered listing several runner's-up but decided against it because I'd just have to list too many of them. Good job everyone; there were a lot of worthy entries and my not picking yours doesn't mean I didn't think it was a good photo or didn't express emotion. Ultimately, though, I kept coming back to the one by shieldyoureyes. I guess this one just spoke to me in a number of ways, in part because it touches on how I've been feeling of late (minus the broken collar bone). If I have one technical critique, I'd suggest that it could use a bit more depth of field. The hand is expressing the emotion as much as the face and overall color tones and I think it would be beneficial for the hand to be more in focus.

Again, good job everyone! :)

[​IMG]

2. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Nice choice... and a very good photograph. Congrats Shieldyoureyes, and it will be fun to see what you come up with for a topic...:)

3. ghostguts macrumors regular

Congrats. It was one of my favorite photos from the contest.

So where's the next contest? :confused::p

4. shieldyoureyes macrumors 6502

shieldyoureyes

thanks everyone. Sorry, I disappeared for a couple days, I'll have to get the next one rolling.