Weekly Photo Contest (15 July - 22 July) Topic - Long Exposure

jabbott

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Topic: Long Exposure

I am interested in seeing photographs taken with a shutter speed of a few seconds or longer. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your entry!

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
OK, I'll start this off. A recent photo of the 4th of July fireworks held here. This is a 19s exposure (at least that's what my EXIF data says) done on bulb setting with an attached remote switch.

Koffie

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Tried to illustrate the long exposure by charging the GITD by firing my flash at it, then take this picture without flash.
The second hand can be found from 15-30 (but I counted 17 balls with 15 second exposure?)

Canon EOS Kiss Digital X|18-55mm(kit)|ISO 100|f/3.5|15sec

SomeWhores

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011

Taken on my Canon T3i while driving (hence the horrible shaking), darkened it up a little bit with Preview, Shutter speed 10", ISO 100, Aperture 4.5, 32mm Focal length

mtbdudex

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
2 months ago there was a long exposure challenge topic, posting same pict here as contest entry hopefully is within the rules...

6 sec exposure inside DTW airport concourse C, put the camera on the floor and hold it while the shot taken.
People walked by are not seen in this pict except at the very end.
Sorta like that Stephen King Movie "The Langoliners".
(exif data in the pict.)

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Lots of variety this week. 28 seconds (handheld) - no tripod for me. If it looks close - it was - about 50 yards away maybe closer. Scary stuff.

Last edited:

hitek79

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
A confluence near the bottom of the Mt Evans Wilderness in the Colorado Rockies. 30 second exposure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.