Weekly Photo Contest (17-24 Feb 2012) Topic - Motion

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by WRP, Feb 17, 2012.

1. WRP macrumors 6502a

This week's topic is motion. This is such a broad category I think it can be interpreted many different ways. Have fun!

Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
    (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

2. ndpuckhead macrumors member

3. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

I like it!

4. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

5. simsaladimbamba

[​IMG]

Public restrooms are a hobby of mine, and not even in that perverted way we get used to by some naturalistic documentaries on YouTube.

6. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

[​IMG]

Camera: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
    Exposure: 1200 sec (1/0)
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 18 mm
    ISO Speed: 100

7. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

8. Blakeco123 macrumors regular

Blakeco123

butterfly at the california academy of science. I like it because its a very 'dreamy' photo...

Attached Files:

9. imac wannabe macrumors regular

10. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

[​IMG]
    Untitled by amandacake, on Flickr

Taken while shooting at my college's basketball game.

11. Rich-212 macrumors member

Movement

Try clicking through for a larger version

Attached Files:

12. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great entries all. I'll leave it open for any last minute ones tonight as I am going out and post up the winners tomorrow morning. Congrats, great work everyone this is going to be a tough choice for sure!!

13. epb87 macrumors member

I was able to catch some "bridge jumpers" while driving around the big island of Hawaii.

[​IMG]
    Bridge Jumper by epb87, on Flickr

14. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry guys/gals. Had a crazy weekend and am just now getting to this. Please don't take any offense to my comments. I'm kind of a jerk and am brutally honest. I don't feel the need to stroke anyones ego and let's be honest, it's just MY opinion.

AlexH: like it but it. Problems I see is it is very over exposed and honestly looks like every shot through the windshield of a car I have seen.

Sideonecincy: Absolutely LOVE it! Great capture and almost the antithesis of motion with such a crisp grab. Love it.

ipos: Like it but it's been done ad nauseum.

ndpuckhead: It's sweet but if you could have got the cars a bit more crisp it would have been better. I know it must be tough with cars that can go almost 300mph in a quarter mile. ;)

triptolemus: I like the patterns of the movement I just wished I knew what the lights were? At first I saw it and thought it may be car running lights and then I saw the keyboard. I just didn't get it.

jodelli: Just like the car windshield but way better. I'm not a fan of complete symmetry but with this shot I think if you cropped it differently it would be money!

imac wannabe: All I can say is you hit the nail of the topic on the head. Solid work.

Nicolasdec: Really like it. Not sure if it was raining or if you sensor needs cleaning but there are definite spots that destracted from the overall picture.

fcortese: Really like the motion! I just wish the delivery person could have maybe been more sererated from the background blur. I know that would have been tough and I get the motion, but I think it could have been slightly better IMHO. Again, it must have been tough so solid shot.

I want all of you to know these were all SOLID shots. It really wasn't easy to decide even the top three let alone the winner.

3rd: jodelli
    2nd: Sideonecincy
    1st: imac wannabe

15. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

There are a lot of really great shots here. It is unfortunate that only 9 of the 20 were judged.

Congrats to the winners.