Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
This week's theme is "Well Worn".

I have always appreciated "old things" - those items that we have owned, used or seen that have served us well over the years, but are now past their prime period of usefulness ... a worn out tool, an old shoe, your favorite easy chair, or something similar. The objective is not just to photograph old things, but to capture the vintage quality in photographic context.
  • The photographs must be your own work.
  • Be creative and have fun.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • The contest runs for one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread.)
  • At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

Mark0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
SW Scotland
Auld Margaret (not even sure I like this photo :S )

Auld Margaret small MR PL.png

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Sad thing is I can remember using shillings as 10p and 5p coins! Also when we used ha'pennys (although the much smaller one).
£1 notes to!
I think physical cash will all be gone in a generation.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Sad thing is I can remember using shillings as 10p and 5p coins! Also when we used ha'pennys (although the much smaller one).
£1 notes to!
I think physical cash will all be gone in a generation.
I remember the old currency - the good thing about it was that thinking in twelves helped the mental arithmetic quite a lot. Same as using imperial instead of metric measurements.

I do plan to be physically around next generation myself, just to be able to give you lot more grief :p

Cheers :)

Hugh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I remember the old currency - the good thing about it was that thinking in twelves helped the mental arithmetic quite a lot. Same as using imperial instead of metric measurements.

I do plan to be physically around next generation myself, just to be able to give you lot more grief :p

Hugh

If not then you can be Scrooged.... the ghost of shots missed... :)

Stand over our shoulders and give it "ooft... should have used a tripod there lad!" or "oo... that would have been great if you had the iso set right champ.."

Reactions: Hughmac

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Hugh
I wouldn't have it any other way!

But I recall the coinage but not predecimisation. That's a bit before my time!

Reactions: kenoh and Hughmac

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
If not then you can be Scrooged.... the ghost of shots missed... :)

Stand over our shoulders and give it "ooft... should have used a tripod there lad!" or "oo... that would have been great if you had the iso set right champ.."
More like, 'Why are you still using that old Nikon?' :D

Hugh

Reactions: kenoh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.