Weekly Photo Contest - August 2 - August 9 (Theme: Baseball)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sideonecincy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Weekly Photo Contest - August 2 - August 9 (Theme: Baseball)

Subject: Baseball

Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

2. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

3. deep diver, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

A Saturday pick up game at the park.

Attached Files:

4. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

5. mousemd macrumors member

6. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

This is probably against the rules, but...

BUMP!

Let's get some more photos in here!

7. JDDavis macrumors 65816

JDDavis

Dropping her back elbow and shoulder but not bad for a 4yr old.

[​IMG]

8. tmagman macrumors 6502

This is America.

Attached Files:

9. dmax35, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  10. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

So if this photo wins, you'll inform Trey Ratcliff that since you entered his photo, he has to judge the next MacRumors weekly photo contest? :confused:

11. Eolian macrumors regular

12. Sideonecincy thread starter macrumors 6502

It's past midnight in the midwest and I'm finishing this night while watching the Reds blow a lead against the Cubs.

rusty2192: Ah a Reds fan. I love the dof and the framing. Big Red Machine, what a team that was.

deep diver: nice capture and timing. You caught it right before he is about to hit a homer.

cableguy619: Nice team photo. Team photos of kids are great cause they are just there to have fun and play the sport. Seems like they are looking into the sun.

mousemd: Great capture. I'm assuming its a hit since the catcher doesn't seem to be catching the ball. I would possibly crop a bit to get rid of the arm on the right side.

JDDavis: Future all star...I think we've all done this of throwing the ball then trying to grab a few frames

tmagman: Great shot of the stadium and people watching the game. I love seeing stadiums this crowded.

Eolian: Another great shot of a stadium. Nice blue skies, baseball and a chance to watch the future of the game.

orangeillini14: To me this is what a huge part of baseball is, the memories and the father/son tradition. Nice picture to incorporate the images related to baseball.

3rd: orangeillini14
    2nd: rusty2192
    1st: tmagman

13. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

According to the rules, tmagman had 48 hours to post a new theme. I have PMed him. If he does not post the new theme by tomorrow, then the honors fall to rusty2192. I have also PMed rusty2192.