Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
We tried red & black nail polishes but we went for black as both were readily available by both ladies in the pic.
Ah, so it was all done in camera. Nice. I, like others I'm sure, assumed it was done in post. :)

jkramerbob

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2013
Indiana
Thanks MacRy for the time & effort to review every photo!

Congrats to Indydenny. I like every aspect of this photo.

Kudos to NeedFx. I gain a new respect for your talents and technical expertise every week!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
England
Glad you liked it!

First of all, I would like to mention that this was a team effort.

MR photo contest has become an office thing. Some friends and acquaintances also drop in to take part. Every week we impatiently wait for the next subject to conceptualize and create, as it makes a great excuse to pull us out of the office routine and think of something else creatively.

I love that you make a proper effort with the contests and that they get you thinking and (more importantly) shooting. That's what they should be about and I for one appreciate the effort.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Ah, so it was all done in camera. Nice. I, like others I'm sure, assumed it was done in post. :)

Thanks MacRy for the time & effort to review every photo!

Congrats to Indydenny. I like every aspect of this photo.

Kudos to NeedFx. I gain a new respect for your talents and technical expertise every week!

I love that you make a proper effort with the contests and that they get you thinking and (more importantly) shooting. That's what they should be about and I for one appreciate the effort.

hey all

definitely no need for all this praise. if anything, personally I'm still a noob in photography but admittedly have gone full throttle ever since I got engaged with it. Most of you have 10fold experience in compositing, total amount of snaps, and post production hours, which is evident in your work. I do have to say though that if fellow forum users could spare some time for original concepts, it would definitely be more interesting competitively, or else it will result only me/us submitting relevant pieces.

maybe we can also spice up the competition a bit by :

1. use a random word generator to mess things up a little more (http://creativitygames.net/random-word-generator)
2. make a quarterly Big Competition in which a prize is offered. Participants pool 99cents each in itunes credit to a MR moderator, winnings prorated & sent as itunes store credit to the winners.
3. all 3 winners decide on the next 3 winners & subject (kinda difficult to synch, just brainstorming here)

In the mean time, I am contemplating to submit work for the 2014 WPO competition just for the challenge. (if anyone else interested, last submission day is 06JAN2014)

see you in next week's competition.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I wish there were more hours in the day. ;) Full time work and classes at night makes it challenging.

I did enter the PDN contest and have another image from Saturday I'm considering submitting under their extended deadline rules. I'll have to check out the details on the WPO contests, thanks.

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
Sorry, I'm Late

I haven't been on MR for the last few days and missed this. So sorry to be late.

Thanks MacRy for the judging and for considering my photo worthy! I have seen that same man begging in that same spot for many years now. I have often thought what "hard work" that would be.

I will start a new contest today. Just give me a few moments to think about it. I don't feel qualified to judge others' works, but will give it a shot.

Thanks to all for the fun and "focus" this contest brings to me each week.

Regards,

Dennis (Indydenny)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.