Weekly Photo Contest: February 15 - 21 (Artificial Light)

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
Welcome to this weeks photo contest thread.

Theme: Artificial Light (strobes, flashes, lamps, ceiling lights etc)

I see some fantastic photographs on this forum, but I don't often see shots with light sources besides the sun.

Lets change that up a bit this week. :)

Rules:

You may only submit one photo per contest.

Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
The Pilgrim House at the Baha'i World Centre, Mount Carmel, Haifa, Israel

Cyclops62

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
My Daughter Dance Photo

After reading "Speedliters Handbook" by Syl Arena, I turned my garage into a little studio and played with my flashes and some gels. It was fun while my daughter patience lasted.

Attachments

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68030
Oct 29, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
A very twee HDR of the riverbank precinct in town. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Image now removed from flickr, it was basically a joke entry for this contest, playing on "artificial light" and taking it HDR to look like one of those 70's velvet pictures... Best left unseen. ;)

Last edited:

Berlepsch

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
There is already a great selection of shots for this week, but I'll add one of mine anyway...

Nikon D90, 18 mm, f/16, 15 s, ISO 200.