Weekly Photo Contest (June 12, 2008)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hello.there, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is Pride

2. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

3. erickj macrumors regular

4. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Come on people, post those pride-packed photos! :)

5. AxisOfBeagles macrumors 6502

AxisOfBeagles

Will do ... will do ... but not finding (yet) something evocative of 'Pride' in my portfolio. And no time to get out and do some fresh work (damn it).

Good topic -

6. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

My entry.

Attached Files:

7. todd2000 macrumors 68000

8. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Evening everyone - verdict time.

It was a tricky theme, but those who entered did great - the chicken noodle soup in particular made me smile :)

I really loved Genshi's photo, what a lovely expression on that face, but in the end I opted for ghostguts' beautiful portrait.

Proud and defiant, both his expression and stance, with just a little menace thrown in :))), it captured the theme perfectly, but more than anything it's just a really gorgeous portrait, expertly taken....I'm intensely jealous. The lighting, the shading, the primary colours, everything - it's beautiful.

Take it away ghostguts.