Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
New week, new contest, new theme. I have chosen Dad as the theme.

Since we are entering the Father's Day celebration in the US, and much (but not all) of the world, let's see what you've got. I'm looking for images that translate your thoughts and feelings about "Dad" into a photograph - photos of your dad, photo of you as a dad, or just a photo that evokes your feelings about fatherhood in general.

Enjoy the theme and have fun with it!

Rules:
  • The photographs must be your own work.
  • Be creative and have fun.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • The contest runs for one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread.)
  • At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

Last edited:

RedOctober

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2015
West side of Oz
DSC_9795_web.jpg

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
happy-father-child.gif

sturdy support on the road of flying to the dream
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this image not stock photography pinched from the net?

Did you take this image? If not, why are you entering it in a competition?
If you did, why is the little girl out of focus, why did you cut dad's hand off and how much do you get from it a month?

I only ask because it looks quite popular.
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 9.25.05 PM.png

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
happy-father-child.gif

sturdy support on the road of flying to the dream

No come on. Don't spoil our fun by submitting a pro commercial shot. The point here is for us to improve our skills by stretching ourselves. Maybe taking a shot or subject we wouldn't normally take. If this is a stock image you are using then it isn't your image to use on here so you should do the honourable thing and remove it.

Be a good sport

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
You're a lucky guy MacRy !!! Got Mrs MacRy to take the Father's Day Pic with you and your 2 lovely daughters . The older one , no doubt , got you the toupee ( looks like a pretty good one , too) .What was in the other package??:rolleyes:

Actually is was taken on a timer. I didn't want to fall foul of the rules.

The other package contained denture adhesive.

Actually I don't have kids because me and Mrs MacRy can't have them.....because we hate them. Nevertheless Mrs MacRy always ensures that our pets get me a card and a present. This year it was a pack of male adult diapers......not even joking.

Here's my real entry.

27447950556_f3e4736f2e_h.jpg

My godson and father.

maketheone

Suspended
May 24, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this image not stock photography pinched from the net?

Did you take this image? If not, why are you entering it in a competition?
If you did, why is the little girl out of focus, why did you cut dad's hand off and how much do you get from it a month?

I only ask because it looks quite popular. View attachment 636636
Sorry about this. Because I like this picture and it did envoke my feelings, I put here. If it is not allowed here, I'll remove it. Hope the competition go smoothly.
[doublepost=1466389326][/doublepost]
No come on. Don't spoil our fun by submitting a pro commercial shot. The point here is for us to improve our skills by stretching ourselves. Maybe taking a shot or subject we wouldn't normally take. If this is a stock image you are using then it isn't your image to use on here so you should do the honourable thing and remove it.

Be a good sport
Sorry about it. I like this photo and it did envoke my feelings. Don't worry. I'll remove it.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Sorry about this. Because I like this picture and it did envoke my feelings, I put here. If it is not allowed here, I'll remove it. Hope the competition go smoothly.
[doublepost=1466389326][/doublepost]
Sorry about it. I like this photo and it did envoke my feelings. Don't worry. I'll remove it.

Not to worry, it wasn't clear. Look forward to seeing some of your own work! :)

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Thanks for your understand. :):)I'll try to make some works of my onw.

Thats what our little corner of the net is for. A safe place to grow without being trashed by pro photogs as we get the hang of it. As you can see we are all at different stages. Some are more advanced than others.

We are all on a journey. Put some of your own work up here. I am sure it is as good as that post was because you will have taken it.

maketheone

Suspended
May 24, 2016
Thats what our little corner of the net is for. A safe place to grow without being trashed by pro photogs as we get the hang of it. As you can see we are all at different stages. Some are more advanced than others.

We are all on a journey. Put some of your own work up here. I am sure it is as good as that post was because you will have taken it.
Thanks for your encouragement. I've learnt a lot. I'll share my own work up here. ;););)

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I was thinking how easy it would be to judge a contest with only one entry. :D

No chance.... Laird Knox just woke up.... there's a cracker on the way... he like to be last to post.

bear in mind, it is only Monday... fathers day hangovers are just clearing so there will be more on the way surely?!

Reactions: AZhappyjack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.