Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nathan King

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2016
Omaha, NE
Color often distracts from composition and form; however, sometimes a photograph relies on color. I'd like to see a photograph that explores relationships between a few distinct colors using a limited palette. Bonus points if you use complementary colors.

The usual rules apply:

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· No commenting on photos until after the judging has taken place.

· This contest runs for one week, starting now.

· At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline for close, then a vote will be carried out to select a winner. This will be based on the number of "likes" each image has. In the event of a draw, the second-place winner from the previous week will choose the tiebreaker.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

48734060913_b9ff264440_z.jpg

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
OK, so apparently I have no idea how to attach an image here AND have it displayed in the thread like the other guys have. :D

Last edited:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
View attachment 861427

OK, so apparently I have no idea how to attach an image here AND have it displayed in the thread like the other guys have. :D
When you finish composing your message, press the "attach file" button. Press "files" and then find and press the image you want to use. After the image loads you will see a small botton to the right of the thumbnail that says "full size" (or something similar). Press that and you will see the full size image as it loads. Post the message and you are done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
The confusing part - DON'T USE the icon in the formatting bar at the top which includes an icon for "insert image" (and "insert link"). Rather, use the "attach files" button at the bottom. A pop-up will occur which allows you to find on your harddrive and and the "open" for upload. There will be two thumbnails - choose "full size" which will display it in the content area, then "Post Reply".
View attachment 861427

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
The confusing part - DON'T USE the icon in the formatting bar at the top which includes an icon for "insert image" (and "insert link"). Rather, use the "attach files" button at the bottom. A pop-up will occur which allows you to find on your harddrive and and the "open" for upload. There will be two thumbnails - choose "full size" which will display it in the content area, then "Post Reply".

So I can attach the file, it uploads, but I don't see any thumbnails options after it uploads. Windows10, Vivaldi browser. Tried also in Edge, no dice. Maybe the file size or dimensions are too big?

Last edited:
Reactions: Somepix

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
So I can attach the file, it uploads, but I don't see any thumbnails options after it uploads. Windows10, Vivaldi browser. Tried also in Edge, no dice. Maybe the file size or dimensions are too big?

At 2.9 MB our image is too big. There are size limits. Reduce the image size in you photo processing software to about 1 MB. It should work after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.