Weekly Schedule Creation App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swwack91, Sep 4, 2009.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

Is there a nice app out there that will make a nice chart of a weekly schedule? iCal's product looks clunky and is only specific to certain days (like the dates) ... instead of a general, recurring weekly schedule.

I'm a college student looking for a print out of my schedule created nicely and color coded.

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Sorry, I can't visualize what it is you want. Try again.

3. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

a weekly schedule. a chart with 7 days a week and then along the side is the times of the day. on each day, i'll have my classes....

essentially it's a weekly view in iCal, but iCal's doesn't look as good b/c it's not designed to make "weekly" schedules.... iCal only makes appointments.

4. steveoc macrumors regular

I just use a spreadsheet. Numbers can make a very attractive chart.

5. walters40 macrumors newbie

Video Cam Direct to DVD

A while back you posted a request for a way to record live camcorder output to DVD for high school football. I also shoot high school football and have a coach who wants the disk right after the game. Did you ever locate a direct DVD record capability that would respond to i.link start/stop commands from the camera?

Are you aware of any forums for football coaching videographers? Thanks

6. ankitsid macrumors member

i assume ur running camera to the mac?
    idk how you guys do it. in our Media Technology class we sort of do it another way

all the cameras are hooked up to a NewTek TriCaster Pro. from there we send the master output to our DvCam recorder to our DVD burner which sends out to a monitor we can look over.

anyways to the OP i assume ur looking for something thats like Active Desktop Calender for Windows?

OT: we just got a new Canon XL-H1...i think im in love with it. lol

7. walters40 macrumors newbie

I'm currently running the camera directly to a Dell P4 laptop with WinXP and capturing the video directly to disk. This works great for bringing it back and editting it over the weekend. The problem is that the coach wants a DVD as we're leaving the pressbox at the end of the game. Sony has a nice DVD recorder (VRD-MC5) that can take inputs from the camera, but it only works in a "batch" mode, i.e., you have to play the entire tape back from camera to the recorder (which takes a little less than an hour for a typical game). It won't record in real-time as I'm shooting the game and will start and stop when I hit the record button on the camera.

Good luck with your new Canon. I shoot the games with GL2s.

8. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I use iCal for my college classes... if they occur at the same time every week, you can make a custom repeat for the "event"... for example, classes that meet 10:00-10:50 MWF I click repeat... custom, and select M W F and select recur weekly...