Weighing up the jesus phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CalumC, Dec 26, 2008.

1. CalumC macrumors regular

Hope you can all help me out a bit here folks.

I'm almost at the end of my 18 month contract on 3 in the UK, getting sick of them and my phone (k800), so the inevitable gear acquisition syndrome is kicking in. I've done a few calculations on what I can theoretically afford so I knew my options. I'm starting to need a new music player too, so thats an aspect in choosing a phone.

I'm going between the sony ericsson C905, Nokia N96 and the iphone. First two would almost certainly be on 3 because of the price they can offer, and i might be able to haggle them a bit as im already a customer. Has anyone had any success in the UK of getting O2 stores to reduce the contract price a bit, or the cost of the actual phone. If I can get either the £35 contract down a bit or a very discounted phone then I can see myself affording it.

So yeah, give me your guidance.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

iPhone. That's all you hear from this forum.

And well, they are right. Go iPhone.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

From what I hear the N96 is pretty bad in terms of build quality, so if anything I'd get the N95 (or upcoming N97) instead.

Personally don't like SE phones much, but again that's personal preference. If it's available the HTC Touch HD is a great choice. I wouldn't get the iPhone. I mean sure, I love the touch, but as a phone, I'd pass.

4. CalumC thread starter macrumors regular

:D I had somewhat expected that, I guess im more interested in whether theres been any success in bargaining with the O2 people.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Either don't mess up a correction or don't correct at all. It's iPhone, and it really doesn't matter if they put it on a pedestal.