iPad Weight is not much different .96 vs 1lb (437 g vs 469 g)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by betabeta, Oct 16, 2014.

1. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I was hoping the weight would be a lot less, but it's 437 g vs 469 g (.96 vs 1lb)

And somehow I think the battery life might not be as good as the original Air.
    Now I'm on the fence.

2. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Still beat Samsung's attempt fairly easily.. and hugely on the thinness. Samsung's 10" Galaxy S tablet was lighter and thinner than the Air.. Apple won't let them take the crown for too long.

Battery life should be the exact same.. There's nothing removed other than the gap of air in the display, they may have identified another way to cram the same battery inside a thinner chassis if the air gap wasn't enough to get it to 6.1mm.

3. Le Hamilton macrumors member

4. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

why are we talking about Samsung?
    most people here already have iPads, I believe this topic is more about iPad Air 1 vs 2, nobody is buying those samsung tablets

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Yeah, the thinness comes from the display changes, but the battery is probably the same and that is most of the weight.

6. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

7. addictzz macrumors 6502

A lot or not, any shave in weight is gladly welcome.

8. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Apple only cares to beat it's competitors (That's a common business practice).. Samsung was king of thin and light after the iPad Air.. Lots of people love Android still.. I prefer Apple's iOS.. I already said they weren't going to let Samsung win the race.. That's why it's viable to mention it.

9. betabeta thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah it's no big deal, but I just wanted to notice the difference, highly doubtful it will be noticeable.

Glad to hear the battery is the same.