weight of video recording on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender o, Jun 22, 2009.

1. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi, i don't know if this is a "valid" question, but i'm thinking on upgrading from my 3G 16Gb to 3GS and i don't know if it is worth it to go for the 32Gb since i still have 3,3Gb left on my actual iPhone, so i wanted to know how much weighted (i don't know if that how you say it correctly :$) one minute of video recording on 3GS in average to calculate if i'll be needing the 32Gb or if i can stick with 16Gb.

Thanks

2. Torq macrumors regular

iPhone 3GS video runs about ~500 KB/sec. 1 minute of video would therefore required around 30 MB.

3. Yakko macrumors newbie

BAD NEWS: you can't send video that's more than 1min via email. Tried to send a video that was just 1m20sec and an error popped up saying "video too long to send". What's up with that? It asks you if you want to trim it first. So I did. And it automatically trimmed it down to 0:47sec and the size for that was 4.7MB.

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

if your drawing that close to the end, youll need a 32 I think
    I originally had an 8 (1st gen) and couldnt even fill it. Had around 4 gigs left, so choosing 16gig over 8gig when the 3G came out was all about getting the white color. But by the time the 3G S came out, I could hardly have any apps on my phone because my music collection had grown to a whopping 14.8gigs (and thats just the stuff I put on my phone)
    between song quality increasing (and therefore increasing in size), and the inevitable fact that music collections tend to grow and no shrink, plus the unknown size of future apps that will be designed to utilize 3.0s features and 3G S power, I would suggest you get a 32gig. It may seem like overkill now, but in 6months or less, youll be happy