Weight training - part II

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by n8236, Feb 26, 2009.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

For part I of this thread, I asked about some very basic things. It's been nearly half a year since my start and I'm glad to report I've made much progress.

The first three months were kind of a trial period where I had to learn to adjust my food and protein intake. For the past two plus-months, I've learned to do much more various cardio w/ accordance to my weight training.

My upper body has nearly lost most of its fat. But the one troubling area is my belly and love handles area. From a short distance looking @ the mirror, I can a visible outline of a 4-pack. For my routine, I do cardio 30 mins, 3-4x weekly. And I do various ab and love handle exercises almost daily. I can't say I am eating perfectly because I do eat a little bit of junk food here and there. But I do cut out heavy sugary and fat items when I can.

I know there's no magic formula for my troubled areas, but I feel like I've been doing so much and yet the progress of a 6-pack is so slow....

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

It sounds to me like it's not enough cardio...

While you're undoubtedly getting healthier doing what you're doing, 30 minutes of cardio isn't going to get you a six pack. :)

3. eldy macrumors 6502

You can't bulk up and cut at the same time unless you're shooting.

4. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

For lower abs kneeups are about your best option.The lower ab area can be very difficult to reduce,not to mention some people have genetics which make it easier from the beginning.

Like eldy said its one or the other,bulk up or cut up.