Weiiiird charging behavior

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chfilm, Apr 25, 2015.

1. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Hi,

I came back home last night, the watch still had 35% of battery.
    For all of you that are interested generally, I'd say the battery drains as slow/fast as the one of it iphone 6 throughout the day.

I put the watch on the charger. When I woke back up this morning, it was EXTREMELY hot and had only 8 % battery left!!

I removed it, put it back on, a moment later it only had 6 % left.

I rebooted it, now it seems to be charging properly. I find this a bit scary. I don't want my watch to explode or something :D
    1st wave issues? Anybody else had this? (It charged normally last afternoon)

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

That's interesting. I haven't had any problems. Last night I had 4% before going to bed. I laid it down on the charger and here we are 100%. Wasn't hot either.

3. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Not hot and charged normally. If it happens again contact Apple Support. (I would contact them anyway because that's definitely not normal, but that's just me)

4. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I had this same issue. Doing a hard reset (pressing and holding both the digital crown and the side button until the Apple logo appeared) fixed it for me completely. Might be a software glitch or maybe an app running high in the background. Hopefully stuff like this will be worked out in future software updates.