Weird 1.1.4 crash...happen to anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jcazz, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Jcazz macrumors newbie

Jcazz

I updated to 1.1.4 yesterday (8gb, non-jailbroken iPhone) and all seemed fine with my phone. I made several calls, both incoming and outgoing, with no problems.

This morning my wife called me. My phone started ringing and I glanced at the screen and saw the incoming CID say "Home". As I reached to pickup & answer the call, the ring tone stopped and the phone just made a God-awful screeching noise - kind of like an alarm clock.

It was totally unresponsive to buttons and touch screen. I held the home & lock buttons for about 45 seconds before it turned off (it was making that horrible noise the entire time and a bunch of people stuck their heads in my office to ask what it was).

Once the phone was off, it wouldn't turn back on for love or money. I was getting scared that it might really be dead! :eek: I plugged it into my computer and literally as soon as it was in the dock it turned back on.

It rebooted and now seems okay. I was able to make/take a couple of calls with it.

I am curious if anyone else out there has experienced this since upgrading?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Ditto here. All is right with my 1.1.4 so far.

3. m R g S r macrumors newbie

happened to me after trying to view a short vid on youtube.....also shut off on me for no reason...... Great job fixing ALL the bugs apple!!!!

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I ran into an issue earlier today where I hit the Home button and the screen said something like (I didn't write it down, so my wording may be imprecise) "iPhone needs repair. Unable to make or receive calls."

I turned the phone off and back on again, and it seems to be fine... made and received several calls just as a test.

Error messages like that really bother me. If there's not actually something wrong with the phone, why'd it give me an ominous-sounding error message like that?

5. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

I noticed mine said "iPhone Activated"
    over the wall paper after I updated by phone to 1.1.4

6. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

I had this issue *once* under 1.1.2. I had received a call, the iPhone rang once, then completely froze. Obviously, I had to reboot. I have not see this happen again...thankfully!

--DotComCTO

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Was that right after you upgraded? Because it does that after every upgrade/restore.

8. kane4fire macrumors member

with 1.1.4 every now and then when I make a call, a "send" button will show behind the transparent call screen. It can't be pressed and if I press the keypad button and then hide the keypad, it goes away.