Weird 4.1 proximity sensor problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TaterToT, Oct 15, 2010.

1. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Ok so you know how the proximity sensor glows red now when in a phone call? Well when I answer a call, I see the red light come on, and then it goes off and I go back to having proximity problems.. But if when answering the call I put my thumb over the sensor it will stay red for the remainder of the phone call. (I can also do this by turning speaker phone on/off and holding my phone over the sensor) Anyone else had this problem? Any fix?

2. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

Mine glows too. I called apple and they said I am seeing the infrared that the proximity sensor emits when it is on. I don't want to get my phone replaced again. Although it glows, I don't seem to be having any proximity sensor issues.

3. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

This wasn't my question, I know it's supposed to glow.. and the glow means it's working as it should.. but when I make or receive a phone call the sensor flashes red, then goes off unless I am holding my thumb over it. Then it flashes red and then stays red the rest of the phone call.

4. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

Well geez sorry I didn't answer your question. I was simply stating that mine glows too. Good luck with your problem.