Weird airport problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Greg90, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Greg90 macrumors newbie

Just bought a new MBP, and I'm having some problem with airport. It connects fine, but I get kicked off like every 3 minutes from my network. The issue isn't with my modem/router as my windows laptop, imac and ipod touch all work fine with it.

ANy ideas what's wrong?

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

This is a very common problem. Do you have a Wireless N router? If you do, change your router to Wireless B and G only. Some older wireless N routers have some problems with true wireless N like in the MBP. What router do you have?

3. dv3 macrumors newbie

i'm having the same problem...i've had a dlink g router and was fine...upgraded to a APEBS and enjoyed the faster connection about a month ago...now yesterday my MBP just started disconnecting...everytime i want to click a link i have to disconnect and reconnect... I would a assume the APEBS would be compatible with my MBP...

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Is it saying you're having duplicate IPs? If it is, I fixed mine by resetting the router.

5. dv3 macrumors newbie

i dont believe its a duplicate ip problem...i've already reset the router twice and tried downgrading the firmware...the problem persits...i dont know why it's doing this