Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFillip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
atop the grateful castle
Just installed Sierra on my external SSD that was running the Sierra Beta GM. When I go to the AppStore I can see any app that I choose but no longer see any Feedback Reviews listed below the app. Didn't have this problem under the Beta. No biggie, i'm sure they'll show up eventually.

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Haven't updated yet (still on 10.10.5) and there are reviews on the MAS for every single app but one -- the Sierra download. Very odd.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Sierra is not something that can be bought on the App Store, but can only be downloaded, so I guess no review for how the App Store works right now.

MacFillip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
atop the grateful castle
My guess is that there were as so many negative reviews for El Cap, folks who were on the fence didn't download, or so many negative reviews just looked bad. I've been known to be wrong. Just speculating.

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
My guess is that there were as so many negative reviews for El Cap, folks who were on the fence didn't download, or so many negative reviews just looked bad. I've been known to be wrong. Just speculating.

That's exactly what I was thinking... It sounds very unlike Apple, but if it turns out to be true it's very disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.