Weird App Store Problem after JailBreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by carlili4190, Oct 25, 2010.

1. carlili4190 macrumors regular

So I jailbroke my phone with limera1n and love it but my app store says I have a update for one of my apps that I bought before the jailbreak... Now when I try to click it to update it says "free" as if it has not been downloaded... Another weird is that when I do click install it has some random itunes account... not my email address but a random one... Any ideas of why this happened?

Edit: its an @apple.com email address...

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you use Installous or install a cracked app?

3. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

Say that I did... Hypothetically of course..

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The Macrumors Community would not be able to help you. As you have pirated the app and pirating is not allowed on these forums.

5. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not saying that I did pirate app's. I said HYPOTHETICALLY...

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Then that's what would happen. And the only way to get the issue you are describing, is to have pirated an app at one point.

7. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

You can't update apps that aren't associated with your iTunes account through the App Store; however, apps associated with any iTunes account will show up in the Update tab in the App Store.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you can't update pirated apps directly from the App Store, you cheater you... Pay the dev for the app please ;)

9. carlili4190 thread starter macrumors regular

The app that is having the problem is NOT pirated... I do pay for all my apps...

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If you paid for the app, it should have your app store username, not the username of a random person like you state on the OP, is as simple as that to know who is the proper owner of the app in question...

11. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

12. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

Careful with the cracked apps. I have heard of some really nasty things happening with some of them.

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Discussing such a topic is against the forms rules, even if it is "HYPOTHETICALLY"..sorry.

If you got Installous on you phone, that is your Issues (even if you paid for the App at some point), it may had replaced your Good app with a cracked one, or anything. just remove the App, remove intallous and re-download the app, if you paid for it, the App store will see that from your Apple ID. If you still having issues contact Apple Customer support they will be able to See your payment and restore your App.

PS: help Developers, most of them are small and they need help the same way you want help from us.