Weird Archos 402 File Conversion Probs!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BruceEBonus, Feb 2, 2008.

1. BruceEBonus macrumors 6502a

BruceEBonus

Heres a bit of a poser to you Vid'thusiasts oot there!

Ready? Go!!!

I have moved over from t'PC to Mac and all is going fine .. BUT have tried to play my video stuff mix taken on various wee memory cams .. one of which was the Archos GMini 402 Camcorder whose format is in AVI.

Most of the stuff is fine BUT a 100mb file which lasts about ten minutes in fact plays for ten seconds or less .. literally flies to the end .. but the audio DOES play the full duration at normal speed ... so 9.52 mins of audio and about 8 secs of video!.

I have tried converting with VisualHub to all the varying formats but its exactly thesame on either Streamclip or Quicktime... it just rushed thro.

Not the end of the world but accursedly annoying!. Anyone heard of this cross platform video quirk?

Cheers

Bruce

2. bloodycape macrumors 65816

I don't own one, but could it be possible that the video was not recorded properly or the file in some way is corrupt?
    Have you thought about asking an Archos or DAP forum about this to see if anyone else is facing a similar issue?

3. BruceEBonus thread starter macrumors 6502a

BruceEBonus

Cheers good idea... dunno really its a 100mb file which used to play fine. II may try cutting it into chunks in case its a file size issue. Just annoying ... Ill try an other file conversion program too ..Il lbe so glad when i no longer need nonstandard camcorders (Sony) and stick to the mainstream kit