Weird battery bug

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by martinocando, Aug 29, 2016.

1. martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

I just reported a weird thing that has happened twice already. On my iPhone6, when battery level reaches around 25%, suddenly you look at the screen, and it goes down to 2%, and if you continue using it for a while, goes to 1%. As you plug the phone in, the level jumps back to 24%.

Is this a known bug?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Probably a battery that is on its way out. Erratic battery behavior means it has or is beginning to reach the end of its life. Considering its an iPhone 6 and is probably almost 2 years old, its most likely the battery itself and not software related.

3. HangJebat macrumors member

HangJebat

Yup, just replaced the battery of my iPhone 6 with similar problem. Now, getting near 10 hours of screen time using iOS 9.3.5.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

iPhone 6? 10 hours of usage or standby time on one charge?

5. HangJebat macrumors member

HangJebat

Yup, Usage time, not Standby time. 1-day old battery. Very light usage as it is my 2nd phone (mostly WhatsApp). My primary is iPhone 6S Plus only managed 8-9 hrs of screen time under iOS 10.

6. martinocando thread starter macrumors regular

martinocando

Interesting. Well, I should start talking with our IT department, and see if I can get a replacement. Maybe a 6s, hopefully ;)

7. yaki1b macrumors newbie

yaki1b

I have experienced this as well but was told this occurs with Beta software at times.

8. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

I think this is a bug in ios10. Mine does the same, but if you continue using the phone when it reaches 1%, you actually have 20% or more battery left. I used the phone for over 2 hours when it reached 1% last night.

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

It's not necessarily a beta or iOS 10 bug. The same exact thing has happened to some in all versions of iOS 9 as well.

So it is either an issue tied to Low Power Mode (seeing as the issue started to pop up with iOS 9 and the introduction of that feature) or a hardware issue

10. martinocando thread starter macrumors regular

martinocando

Exactly my experience.

But for the most part, is having good enough battery life, so it might not the battery about to die just yet.

11. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

Maybe try 'calibrating' the battery? Try emptying it then recharging it to full. If that doesn't fix it then it's probably a hardware bug (unless you really want to reset your iOS installation to diagnose it). It has nothing to do with Low Power Mode, that just doesn't make any sense.

12. appledefenceforce macrumors 6502

appledefenceforce

I've been having similar problems since iOS 9 :(