Weird battery problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simm0nS777, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I have a 3GS and used to have decent battery performance, losing maybe 3% over night. Well I jailbroke and like a lot of people had way worse battery, losing up to 10% over night. I did a complete restore and re jailbroke and it seemed a little better.

Well I was charging the phone tonight by USB to my computer. I checked it and saw it was at 99%. I went to watch a show and came back and now was it was at 96% still plugged in and charging. I then rebooted the phone and it was at 98%. Anyone know what the reason for this could be and a solution? Thanks!!!

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

thats really weird, i wouldnt worry for just one time, if it does it again maybe hard reset or restore

3. Simm0nS777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is getting really annoying. I started writing my post at 97% battery. After doing some light browsing I'm at 92%. 5% in 6 minutes. What the hell.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I have an IP4 and was just about to post the same problem. Started the 2nd day after the JB. I usually run a "clock" app all night while the phone is charging. It has ALWAYS fully charged quickly with the app running on my 3G, 3GS and the IP4, now it drops rather than charges. Even if the clock app is NOT running it still happens. I have killed all running apps, tried different chargers, cradles, cables, USB ports.

5. Simm0nS777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah I have no idea whats the issue but it needs to be figured out soon I hate having to constantly charge my battery