Weird Battery Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sebby, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I'm on my second iPhone 4, since my first one had the yellow screen blobs. The battery was great on my first one, but not so good on this one. I restored the same backup, and even did a settings reset to get rid of anything that may cause an issue.

What's weird is that when I check the usage in Settings > Usage, the standby is correct but the usage is creaping up without me actually using the phone. For example, went to bed last night and usage was around 3 hours and battery level 55%. This morning, it was 3.5 hours and battery was down to 47%. I'd even restarted the phone before going to bed so that nothing was running in the background.

I'm just DFU restoring my phone to see if that helps. And I might delete and re-add my Google Apps Exchange accounts incase there is something going on there.

2. matthewhotdude macrumors regular

My usage also goes up when not using it....never noticed before so don't know if it's normal

3. Sebby thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's odd. Usage is now showing as 1 hour 31 minutes (which I don't think is correct) and standby 4 hours 32 minutes (which is correct). Battery is 80%. If I used the phone, it drops 1% pretty much every minute. Something is really not right here, especially compared to my previous iPhone 4.

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Did it check email or anything else during the night?

5. techguy1 macrumors regular

My battery seemed to be fine for the first week but now it loses 10% when shut down at night and barely lasts a day with twice daily email reading and occasional web browsing during the day.

Usage stats seem to be non-existent

Attached Files:

6. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Read what it says. You have to charge it before it will show stats.

7. Sebby thread starter macrumors 6502a

Push is on, but it always has been so that's not the issue. I'm wondering if the issue is 4.0.1. My last iPhone had 4.0. A few seem to be having issues with 4.0.1.

8. Sebby thread starter macrumors 6502a

Something is really not right. I charged it over night to 100%, took it off charge at 6.20am and put it in my pocket. Drove to work and didn't touch the phone, and battery is now 98% just 1 hour 10 minutes later (and usage is showing as 7 minutes, which isn't the case).