Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UntitledImage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
I set that go to bed alarm in the alarms app to tell me to go to bed an hour before bed time. The alarm went off on the watch, I hit dismiss because I was neither going to bed nor doing so in 5 minutes. The notification went away and the alarm continued to sound on the watch. Nothing would turn off, not an app, nothing in the phone. I had to hard reset the watch to get it to stop.

Anyone else experiencing this, anything I can do next time?

Last edited:

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I set that go to bed alarm in the alarms app to tell me to go to bed and hour before bed time. The arm went off on the watch, I hit dismiss because I was neither going to bed or doing so in 5 minutes. The notification went away and the alarm continued to sound on the watch. Nothing would turn off, not an app, nothing in the phone. I had to hard reset the watch to get it to stop.

Anyone else experiencing this, anything I can do next time?
I had this happen to me two days ago. Hard to turn the watch off because that was the only thing that could get it to stop.

UntitledImage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
Why would anyone need an alarm to tell you when to go to bed?

You'd be surprised! This could be a godsend for someone like me. I have to pry myself away from work some nights and if I don't force myself I'd never sleep... like right now, I've been up all night writing, hours missing. If I'd have listened to the alarm, I would be asleep now! :) Instead, the alarm won't stop, which seems counter intuitive to one that tells you to go to bed.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
You'd be surprised! This could be a godsend for someone like me. I have to pry myself away from work some nights and if I don't force myself I'd never sleep... like right now, I've been up all night writing. If I'd have listened to the alarm, I would be asleep now! :) Instead, the alarm won't stop, which seems counter intuitive to one that tells you to go to bed.

My alarm goes off at 3:30 and am at my office at 5. We work till 4 and I have never needed anything to remind me I am tired and it is time to sleep. It is good we all have choice to use this or not.

UntitledImage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
My alarm goes off at 3:30 and am at my office at 5. We work till 4 and I have never needed anything to remind me I am tired and it is time to sleep. It is good we all have choice to use this or not.

Yeah, but I work on deadlines, which means I'm always going "one more minute, I can live on 7 hours... maybe 6, ok 5.." that is if I happened to actually know its currently 8 hours from when I would like to be up, normally that hour flies right by without me noticing. I know I know, you could just set a regular alarm... but I thought this was a cool feature that I could use...

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah, but I work on deadlines, which means I'm always going "one more minute, I can live on 7 hours... maybe 6, ok 5.." that is if I happened to actually know its currently 8 hours from when I would like to be up, normally that hour flies right by without me noticing. I know I know, you could just set a regular alarm... but I thought this was a cool feature that I could use...

It is a good feature as it gives the users choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.