Weird Behavior by my new MBP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by raghav2511, Apr 18, 2011.

1. raghav2511, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

raghav2511 macrumors member

So, I left my MBP running as i was downloading something, after a few hours I came back and it shut down. I tried powering it on with various ways but nothing seemed to work.

So I decided to leave it for a day and tried again today. It booted up. The weird thing is though, as soon as i logged in there were 4-5 pop-ups asking for network permission. All with weird names such as "asd4ff". One name that i remember was "Python.app". I denied all of that. And my system date is Reset to Jan 1 2001 ! with irrelevant time.

I really dont know what happened and I am new to Mac, is this a virus ? or something I did ? I was really frustrated when it didnt boot up as I bought a mac only for "Stability" and "Reliability" ?

I though I'd share the news as it might help figure out if theres a problem at large.

EDIT: I even got a permission window for "nmbook" or something like that for a flash of a second before I could do anything about it.

2. simsaladimbamba

The built-in battery ran out of juice, and the internal clock was reset.
    And regarding viruses:

3. raghav2511, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

raghav2511 thread starter macrumors member

The battery ran out of power a couple of times but never did it take one day for my MBP to begin charging again !