Weird black smudges and white spots on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kjj, Jan 2, 2011.

1. kjj macrumors newbie

I have a 15'' mbp previous generation with the silver keys. I had my trackpad repaired by apple back in March 2010. Since then, these little black smudges and white spots have been appearing behind the lcd screen. The black smudges actually look like dust that got between the screen. I took some pictures and circled them. You can see them better against a white screen. Sorry about the quality of the pics. The first one is the whole screen and the second two are close ups of a black smudge and a white spot. Any idea what these are and is this covered by applecare?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Sounds like an excuse to try and milk the apple :apple: tree for a brand new computer to me.:D:D

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I don't mean to be a bother, but you don't think that these are just fingerprints? Try cleaning your screen. And if that doesn't help the situation at all, then I'm gonna guess that applecare screwed up! haha. Apple will probably try to refute the issue as not their fault though, just because you can't prove that it was them. If you would have called them back shortly after you noticed this, then something mighta happend. But where you're at now, I don't know what they can do. It's always worth a shot though :)

4. kjj thread starter macrumors newbie

or I don't like how my $2000 laptop has screen imperfections all over it. I just want a new screen not a new computer.

5. kjj thread starter macrumors newbie

They're definitely not fingerprints. I've cleaned it thoroughly to no avail.

6. crypticlineage macrumors regular

Make a Genius appointment, ASAP. And don't take no for an answer about either screen replacement or a new computer.

7. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Did you ever figure out what the white spots were?