weird bloks on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arjen92, Sep 1, 2010.

1. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

He,

I got my macbook pro (13,3" basic model) now 3 months. And a friend of mine has the same (my sister also has a macbook pro, but that one is a year older).

Anyway the problem is that when I turn my macbook pro in the light so that I can see my thumbs and fat and swipes on the screen, I also see squares. They are like 5 mm wide and high and there are like 50 of them from left to right. And the first layer of them start at the top and after a while you don't notice the rows anymore. Better said, I see them only at the top, I see them the best on the black bar surrounding the screen. When I wipe my dumb hard over these squares, they are less noticeable, but you can still see them if you look good.

They don't really bother me, I'm always straight in front of my screen, so I don't see the squares (or my fingers on the screen). But I really wonder where they come from. They are not from the keyboard, the squares are too high and too small for these marks. I also don't notice them on my friends macbook pro, or on that of my sister.

So where do they come from? Are they the support for the screen (a layer between screen and casing)? Or are they like conductors or something for the screens.

I know it's not totally clear, so feel free to ask if you don't understand something (english is not my native language). I'll try to make a picture.

http://www.arjenwiersma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/IMG_0001.jpg
    http://www.arjenwiersma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/IMG_0002.jpg

2. mintsmac macrumors newbie

I agree

I have the same problem except mine appear if i wipe it with my thumb. I can usually get them to come off by using the :apple: wiping cloth that came with my Macbook Pro but i think you can use any screen cleaning cloth.I can't figure out why it does that though.

3. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Omg I have the same thing. U can see it especially when I clean my screen with some screen cleaner and a cloth.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki