Weird blu ray issue

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rdsii64, Oct 19, 2013.

1. rdsii64 macrumors regular

I posted this in the wrong forum this morning. Mods please delet the post in the MacBook forum. Now on to my issue. I have a Pioneer BDR 208DBK in my 3.1 mac pro and it works like it supposed to. The catch is that every once and a when I fire up Final Cut Pro X I will get a dialog box msg that says I inserted a blank blu ray disc when I have done no such thing. When I click ok to continue my work, my blu ray burner is no longer recognized. The weird part is I don't burn my final project directly from Final Cut. I simply "share" the disc image to my hard drive and use Toast to burn it to a disc. If I close final cut and restart my machine, everything is ok and I continue with my editing project. The drive is recognized and functions like it should. The drive burns and reads discs just fine.

2. pertusis1 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what the problem would be. I use FCPX with a blu ray burner without any hitches. Now if I could get FCPX to play nicely with .mtx files... :confused:

3. rdsii64 thread starter macrumors regular

When I upgraded to 10.9, the problem disapeared. I'm not sure what the issue actually was, but it seems to be gone now