Weird bluetooth issues. Help?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mikeytwice, Jan 5, 2015.

1. mikeytwice macrumors member

I've recently been experiencing problems with Bluetooth in Boot Camp and was wondering if some of you might have insight. In short, whenever I boot into Windows 7 (latest Boot Camp drivers), no Bluetooth peripherals work--most importantly, my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. It won't discover or pair with any devices. Then when I reboot into OS X, I have to remove and re-discover/pair everything. But if I just restart OS X -> OS X, this isn't an issue.

I'm running OS X Yosemite and Windows 7 SP1 on an mid-2013 Macbook Air. I already tried removing/reinstalling the devices in both Windows and OS X, to no avail. Enabling Bluetooth Collaboration in Windows didn't help either. I also tried resetting the SMC and PRAM.

This all started happening after I took my MBA into the Genius Bar to get the screen replaced. I don't see why that'd have made a difference, but maybe it did.

2. mikeytwice thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Gjwilly. I tried that, and different iterations of that--as well as updating all the Bootcamp drivers--but nothing worked.

It's weird. When I remove the "Bluetooth HID Device" that seems to correspond to the mouse in Device Manager, Windows reinstalls it when I turn the mouse on. So it seems to see the device, even though it doesn't discover it.

The mouse is still listed under devices and peripherals, as well, but I can't remove it. I may do a clean install... but when I tried to this morning, the keyboard/trackpad didn't work.

----------

Actually, just got it to work. Used the solution found here. Hope this can help someone else.

Note that this solution didn't work until I deleted/repaired the device.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/63589-63-cannot-remove-bluetooth-mouse-devices-window

3. Leon the wolf macrumors newbie

Bluetooth and PageFlip

I am also having Bootcamp Bluetooth problems. I am running Windows 7 on a MacMini dating from about 2013. I am trying to use a PageFlip device to turn pages while playing my piano. It works well on my standard Windows computers, but I have other uses for those.

I got it working by updating the Bootcamp Bluetooth Driver. Then Windows updates came in and after they were installed it no longer worked. At the same time my Mac-type keyboard stopped working. I tried some of the earlier suggestions on this site, such as clicking the advanced tab on the Broadcomm network thing in Device Manager and clicking on Bluetooth collaboration; that did not work.

Any ideas?