Weird Boot Up screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPad Retina, Aug 22, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello I own a mid 2012 retina 15" after deciding not to use a chime sound for charging and rebooted the computer booted into an account with a black background and a green crouser. It's fine now. After rebooting it changing my password and it worked fine. Anyone run into this?

Attached Files:

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

While I cant think of what is actually going on, here is what I would do to try and isolate whats happening.

1. Boot to the internet recovery disk (Apple + R) and run a permission repair, and disk check to make sure everything is good.
    2. Create a new user and log into right after boot and try to duplicate the issue under the new user. this will let you know if its something broken is your user library.
    3. Use an external HD and install a copy of the Mac OS on it Via the Net Recovery Disk and see if it happens on that install. If it still happens your having a graphics card issue. If its good than at least you know its not your hardware but you may need to contact Apple Care for further assistance.