Weird bricking loop, advice please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by skootrtmbg, Aug 10, 2008.

1. skootrtmbg macrumors newbie

Ok, I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to 2.0.1 and then to pwn. (I am a t-mobile user with a previously pwned phone) I kept getting an error 6 message. I restored with factory firmware 2.0.1 once more, recreated the custom firmware and was ready to try and get into DFU mode, but each time I try, the phone doesn't wake up into DFU mode and iTunes displays "the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported"...what am I doing wrong here?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I think you're not getting it exactly into DFU mode.

3. skootrtmbg thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking that too, but it's so weird, I mean I've done it before, I just can't figure out what I'm missing.

4. skootrtmbg thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, it was definitely a timing error, but I'm still getting error 6 over and over. Sorry to be so clueless, but srsly, what am I missing here?

5. skootrtmbg thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it! Did a little more searching and found out this tidbit- I realized I was actually using my old iPod cable and NOT my "official" iPhone cable, apparently there is actually a difference, as soon as I used the real iPhone cable everything worked like a charm.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

There's no difference. Error 6 typically is solved by switching USB cables or USB ports.