Weird brightness issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theaero, Nov 11, 2010.

1. theaero macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So I've been experiencing a strange bug. When I adjust my brightness via the brightness setting or the SBSettings brightness toggle, and then lock my phone, the brightness setting doesn't save. I have to go back into sbsettings and as soon as i click anywhere on the bar the brightness returns to where it should. However the slider is always still in the same place it should be. Example: I set brightness to max, lock phone, and brightness is minimum. I open SBSettings or the brightness settings, and it still says brightness is maxed. I can now click anywhere on the bar and it will fix my brightness until I lock the phone. Have tried reboots etc.

Another thing, is that the power menu in SBsettings is all messed up at the lockscreen, and the more button doesn't work at the lockscreen. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think it's just a matter of updating really. I have the same issue with the brightness too. Whenever I adjust the brightness, I have to unlock the phone, open some app, close it, then the settings are saved.

The "More" button doesn't work for me on the lockscreen either however it does work normally when on the springboard. Maybe it's that SBSettings isn't 4.1 compatible yet? Not sure what else it could be.

3. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

Strange. Anyone else with this issue, and ideas for possible fixes?

4. vlug macrumors 6502

I have the same problem I set my brightness to 0 at night when in bed and sometimes when I check my phone again its back to full brightness so I just set it it to 0 again.

I have just learnt to live with this small bug.