Weird Bubble;/Scratch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hazza.jockel, Sep 26, 2008.

1. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

just wandering if anyone else had this on there phone. Did a kick search and didn't find anything so...

Anyways i have had my 8gig 3g for a while and a few weeks ago these small bubbles or scratches appeared above the speaker at the top of the phone. at first it was just one but then it grew. then they stopped for a while and i thought i could just live with them. But just this week they have started to grow again in a different place. They look to be under the glass but i'm not sure. Theres no apple store near me so i cant really go and ask for a replacement with out having to ship it off. And i don't want to ship it off unless i am sure of getting a replacement. So anyone else have these symptoms? If so what did you do?

btw when they first appeared i didn't have a screen protector on. But now i do and they still grow

also the lower bubble that is bigger is an air bubble under the screen protector

Attached Files:

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

um, are you sure they're not all the screen protector? mine is perfectly flat with no bubbles at all, but occasionally it will get a little bubble that ill have to press out.

3. hazza.jockel thread starter macrumors 6502

yeh im sure there not all the screen protector because they were there before i put it on. except after i put the protector on they kept growing. if you look at the top of your phone (may need a magnifying glass) there is like 2 shades of black under the glass. on the line where the 2 shades meet thats were the bubble/scratches are.

4. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

If its not affecting the function of your iPhone, like Frankie says.....RELAX

5. macosxguy macrumors newbie

macosxguy

Separation of Glass and Plastic?

It almost sounds like the multitouch glass is separating from the plastic of the iPhone. I would send it in. Sounds like a glue issue. And it is covered by warranty. I know it is cosmetic but that is half the reason we like these things, they look amazing. Send it in. It will be inconvenient at first but you will be happier since it is only getting worse.

6. someguy7014 macrumors member

this happened to my first gen. It started with one and last I looked it was at 6 or more bubbles. They seem to stop growing at some point.

I can't be much more help though as I live Australia where we had no 1st gen available so I couldn't return it to see if they would replace it.

7. Jester2k USAF macrumors newbie

Jester2k USAF

I just noticed this very same problem on my 3g aweek ago. I went to the apple store set up an appointment with the genius bar. They took one look at it and replaced it. They just changed the sim card and I just had to go home and restore it. Like it was never replaced. :D

8. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

no need to go out of your way to get it checked, just ask an apple genius next time you are at an apple store

9. hazza.jockel thread starter macrumors 6502

good to here it wasn't my fault and can be replaced. Did they tell you if they were bubble or scratches? or something else?

to bad the nearest store is over 4000km away. the money i spend getting there will probably be enough for a new phone.

10. 226896 Guest

11. hazza.jockel thread starter macrumors 6502

yep. sadly no cure, going to have her put her down and get a replacment

todays growth:

Attached Files: