Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
If you go to Settings>General>International>Language and change your system's language, the phone will quickly reset itself and then your homescreen will reappear. The lock icon is visible where the time should be. I have a passcode set up, so I was expecting my phone to boot up and ask me to type in my passcode, but instead, my phone just unlocked itself without asking for my passcode. I can use everything in the phone normally in this state, the only difference is that in apps (like Settings) the area in the bar designated to the time is just blank. Is this an isolated bug or are others having the same issue? (I'm running iOS 5.1)

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    746.1 KB · Views: 137
  • photo-1.PNG
    photo-1.PNG
    100.2 KB · Views: 107

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Is it still within the passcode timeout?

My passcode timeout is set up as Immediately. I'm assuming this is a bug because the phone "reset" itself and locked itself, only to unlock itself (wrongly?).

----------

Also, I realized that changing the language for your iOS device restarts the springboard. If you tell Siri "restart", the phone's springboard will be restarted the same way. When I told Siri "restart" the springboard was restarted, like when I changed the language, but I was prompted to enter my passcode this time. I'm pretty sure now that this is a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.