weird bug lock sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender o, Jul 5, 2009.

1. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi guys, lets try this on your iphones, i've tried it on mine and on a friend's 3G. First, make sure you have your iphone ringer on and setup to sound when you lock/unlock it. Now go to the call app (don't know how is it called, the green one with the telephone) go to the numeric keypad, now lock your phone and unlock it. When you unlock it, it will sound really low. Now go to the Voice Notes app, when you unlock it the same will happen, but when you lock it, it won't even sound.
    Does it happen to you guys?

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Yup, just tried it.

I think I remember noticing it before but didn't pay much attention to it.

3. bender o thread starter macrumors 6502

bender o

Yeah me neither but just now I had time to post it and try it on another iphone to confirm lol.

4. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

All my sounds are messed up at some point in the day. I have it on silent 80% of the day anyway so I just laugh at Apple when it does happen.

5. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Also, when you unlock it after locking it with the Voice Memos app open the unlock sound is slightly louder than normal.

6. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

Yes, this happens with my iPhone also. I dont understand why there would be a lower unlock sound with the phone app but...it makes sense with voice memos. Say you want to record sound with your phone locked, you dont want to hear the lock sound in your recording right?

7. beastphillips macrumors newbie

Also, (this has been a bug since day 1 with iphone 2 years ago) Go to phone and hold a number on the call pad. While doing so, press the sleep/wake button. The number you're holding get's REALLY loud.

8. moka macrumors 6502a

tried this, nothing you say happened...

9. beastphillips macrumors newbie

Have ringer volume all the way up and have the silent switch off.

10. Axl Rose macrumors regular

perhaps its a feature..so when your recordin something..a lock sound wont mess it up