Weird bug, or just normal feature? It's shakin'!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smhjr1, Feb 5, 2009.

1. smhjr1 macrumors newbie

I just had something interesting happen to my iPod Touch about 25 minutes ago (1G, 16GB, jailbroken).

I was listening to music and pulled it out of my pocket, clicked the hold button and the icons were shaking, with X boxes in the upper left hand corner. Programs installed through Cydia or Installer were not in the icon menu.

I locked it and then unlocked it, and it went away -- back to normal, in other words.

Sooooo... what went on there?

2. sebast1anc macrumors member

When you touch your finger to an icon for a few seconds they all begin to shake so that you can re-arrange the icons as you please. when you are done just hit the home button and they will stop shaking.

3. smhjr1 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Dang, you spoiled my fun. I was gonna tell him to give up the heavy drinking and the shakes would go away...;)

In addition to letting you arrange the icons, the "shake and bake" mode also lets you delete unwanted apps. You'll see a little X in the corner of all of the apps (except for the factory installed ones which you can't delete) Just click on that X and it will delete.

When arranging icons, note that the four on the toolbar at the bottom can be moved too so you can keep your four favorite ones there and they won't flip away when you move through pages of apps.

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Also, while they are shaking, you can move an icon way off the screen to the right, and another "main" page will be created. Great for icons that you only use occasionally or never. You can have, I believe up to 2 pages in addition to the Home page.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Actually, you can have 9 pages in total.

7. twitchy204 macrumors newbie

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Where the heck did you get that information? (in bold)

9. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Now, what'ja have to go and tell me that for???

Back to the App store :D

10. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Lol. A week after i bought mine i have been on 8 pages of apps. Gotta love Free!