General Weird bug where my notifications reset randomly

Makaveli6103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Kansas City, MO
After jailbreaking I realized that my notifications are resetting. All of the Today View settings get turned off and everything in Notifications get turned off also. I use a Pebble watch and it is very annoying. I tried to test if it happens when restart or respiring but that isn't it. Is anyone else having this problem?

soccerrocks314

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2012
Auburn, AL
After jailbreaking I realized that my notifications are resetting. All of the Today View settings get turned off and everything in Notifications get turned off also. I use a Pebble watch and it is very annoying. I tried to test if it happens when restart or respiring but that isn't it. Is anyone else having this problem?
The same thing is happening to me... I've been wondering about this but I have yet to find out what is causing it. I will go back and add apps to the notification center but after a day they go back to the "do not include" section of notification center.

Installed jailbreak apps:
Annual hd
Android lock xt
Arc'd hd
Board
Clean folders
Cydia installer
Cydia substrate
Cydia translation
Evasion 7.x untether
F.lux
Fake carrier
Five icon dock
Message customiser
Mywi 7
No passcode block
Spotiplay
Substrate safe mode
Transparent volume
Winterboard

Comment

Makaveli6103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Kansas City, MO
The same thing is happening to me... I've been wondering about this but I have yet to find out what is causing it. I will go back and add apps to the notification center but after a day they go back to the "do not include" section of notification center.

Installed jailbreak apps:

Annual hd

Android lock xt

Arc'd hd

Board

Clean folders

Cydia installer

Cydia substrate

Cydia translation

Evasion 7.x untether

F.lux

Fake carrier

Five icon dock

Message customiser

Mywi 7

No passcode block

Spotiplay

Substrate safe mode

Transparent volume

Winterboard

The apps I have installed on your list are Board, Cydia installer, Cydia substrate, Cydia translation, Evasi0n, F.lux, Message customizer, safe mode, and winterboard. I know it isnt winterboard because happened before installing that. I think it isn't a tweak but a bug with the jailbreak. Nothing that we both have installed would mess with notifications.

Comment

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
var/mobile/Library/BulletinBoard/SectionInfo.plist

rename the above file (let's say SectionInfo.plist.bak) and give it a reboot.:)

Comment

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
For me it's not just the NC that blanks out (although that does happen after safe mode and is fixed by deleting the file navodwickra mentioned), I have noticed on 2 occasions that notifications for Mail also reset. I have banners on for all accounts in both the NC and Lock Screen and randomly they all reset to badges only. Maybe that is also linked to a safe mode reboot. I'm not sure. But it isn't fixed by deleting that file... they need to be manually turned back on.

Comment

Chazz08

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
For me it's not just the NC that blanks out (although that does happen after safe mode and is fixed by deleting the file navodwickra mentioned), I have noticed on 2 occasions that notifications for Mail also reset. I have banners on for all accounts in both the NC and Lock Screen and randomly they all reset to badges only. Maybe that is also linked to a safe mode reboot. I'm not sure. But it isn't fixed by deleting that file... they need to be manually turned back on.

It happens to me too when I just turn my phone off and then on again. I saw this mentioned somewhere else on the forums, but didn't see any solutions.

Comment

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
Happened to me too today. Happened for the first time. I guess it happened after u updated the evasion untether to 0.3 and cydia substrate thst were updated today. I guess it has to so with the evasion. Before too after jail breaking the notifications used to have some issues.

Comment

BadLTD

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
I had NCOnly the tweak installed on when this started happening so I decided to unistall it and it worked for me.

Comment