Weird cd ejection sound MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fearless Leader, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

My MBP makes a weird sound at random. it comes from the cd drive and its the same sound that is made when a cd is ejected. it doesnt happen if a cd is in there. on average it does it 3 to 4 times an hour but sometimes (like as im writting this) it goes off every couple of seconds.

2. spring macrumors regular

Weird, the same thing happens to me. Not quite as often as you; since I've owned my MBP (2 months) it probably happened 3-4 times.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

The sounds can occur when the machine wakes from sleep or the eject key is pressed (regardless of wether a disc in the drive). I know that I have inadvertently pressed the eject key casing the drive to make the sound more than once.

4. spring macrumors regular

I know it makes the sound when ejecting or waking up/booting, but this has happened to me before without doing any of the above. For instance, one time I was watching a movie and the sound came up. Not really an issue for me, but would like to know what causes the drive to "eject".

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Spontaneous ejection. :p

Well I couldn't tell you, but its nothing to worry about.

6. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for that,
    my MBP is a bit older 14 months.

p.s.- it does it all on its own <insert spooky music>
    watching a movie with my MBP on my desk and it goes off like right now except im watching a downloaded tv series.

7. spring macrumors regular

Off topic: What are some good shows to watch? I think I'm caught up with just about every show lol :eek:

8. tammo80 macrumors newbie

My Macbook has the same issue, it ejects almost always when waking from sleep, and sometimes sponteneously (although I suspect that my fingers might be typing on top of the disk drive). I'll stop by a repair shop soon - not that I think it's reproducible...

9. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

little update

I have completely solved the problem, I removed the freaking thing. It went ballistic and started singing me a little musical. And it died so out it went. Ahh the silence. It got me ready for he HD replacement I get to do this weekend. :D:(