Weird "Choppy"/"Flashy" Screen Effect...Help me decipher the problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sherman90, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Sherman90 macrumors newbie

I noticed this in Safari and iTunes. I don't know what causes it, but it only happens occasionally.

In Safari, when scrolling up and down webpages, the alignment of the page becomes corrupted. So, for example, scrolling down the forum board on Macrumours causes the individual forums to come out of alignment and become distorted. Small squarish parts of the screen also flash a neutral screen colour as I scroll up and down.

Same thing happens in iTunes. In grid view, scrolling up and down my library causes a fairly large portion of the window to "black out" or flash for short instants before revealing the content again.

Anybody know what's up?

2. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

It might be a good idea to tell us what Mac you have.........

3. Sherman90 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a Unibody MBP. I realize I posted in the wrong forum. But I doubt this is a hardware problem...unless it's related to that hard-drive clicking I've been hearing lately.

4. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

Oh right, i get a sort of flashing effect sometimes when i scroll up and down in both Safari and Firefox........i need to re start the browser, and sometimes the machine to cure it......

I put it down to the early Nvidia drivers........i hope they will be updated soon........

5. szabo84 macrumors newbie

did you ever fix this? mine does the same thing

6. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

No, it still seems to do it from time to time...........i am still waiting on a major Nvidia gfx driver update........