Weird color problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Number2wo, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Number2wo macrumors newbie

Hi

This is my first post so excuse me if I posted this in the wrong section.

Tonight I noticed a weird problem with the colors on my MBP. For some reason my desktop background has a odd yellowish tint to it. It starts off normal, but when I switch backgrounds it changes colors. I have tried playing around with my color profiles, searching google and this forum, and even checked universal access, yet I still can't figure out my problem.

I have never had this problem before. The only thing that has changed on my MBP is that I have switched my boot camp partition from vista to XP. Could this be the cause or does my MBP have jondus.

"normal" background:
    [​IMG]

"jondus" background:
    [​IMG]

Even when the background is normal, there is still that weird yellow tint the icons in my dock.
    [​IMG]

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Do you have any customization apps installed?

3. Number2wo thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that I can think of. The only applications that I have installed that have control over my color profiles is SuperCal and Adobe CS3. But I have had never had any problems with these apps before.

4. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

I have the EXACT same problem, it started today.

Look at a screenshot of Apple.com, you will understand :

[​IMG]

Look especially at the Menu on top of Apple.com

It seem like some shades of gray are displaying in yellow.

I rebooted and the problem is still there.

It wasn't there yesterday.

The fact is interesting that it can be "screenshotted" in OS X and still be yellow.

And i remember a guy, about a year ago, having the EXACT same issue with is mac.

and for the Information, im on a MacBook Pro 2.2 (SR) on Leopard.

We need help

Attached Files:

5. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

Another interesting fact : Everything is normal under Windows XP (BootCamp).

There is no sign of that yellowish tint and Apple.com is displaying perfectly fine.

So it feels more like a graphic glitch in MAC OS X rather than a hardware problem.

6. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Go to System Preferences->Displays

Doing so will refresh your color profiles without a restart and it should look normal again.

Once in awhile I get a blue tint, so doing that solves the problem.

7. Number2wo thread starter macrumors newbie

/V\acpower: what's even weirder is that the menu on top of apple.com is only yellowish for me if I use safari; firefox and opera both look fine.

As for going to the Displays menu, I can temporary fix the background issue, the dock, dashboard, and safari still have the tint.