Weird cropping of pictures issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bushido, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

so this has been happing to me for at least 2 iPhone generation or so but it just happened again so I finally decides to ask ...

When I make a screenshot, crop that picture and safe it i can see the new resized picture just fine within the photo app but once i decide to import it into another picture app or decide to send the cropped image via iMessage it appears as it has never been cropped??? so weird

is this happening to anyone else?

1st cropped in the photo app:

[​IMG]

2nd shows up like this in iMessage:

[​IMG]

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

AFAIK, you only view the edits to photos on the device where the edit was made. The original photo is preserved intact even though you can't see it that way and that's what gets exported.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

I might be recalling it incorrectly now, but I'm pretty sure I've cropped some photos and then uploaded them to other services, like Facebook or Instagram, for example, and it would be the cropped version that would get used there, not the full one (which is, as you described, still on the device).

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Perhaps FB or Instagram are cropping/resizing during their process? IDK because I don't bother with those.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's possible, but they seem to simply use the same cropped version that I created by editing the photo in the Photos app.

6. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

just checked. it does indeed work on facebool but not other apps. how weird

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Odd. I just tried it with a cropped photo in Messages, and it actually picked up just the cropped part and sent that (and not the whole photo).

8. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

did u try it with a taken picture or a screenshot?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

A picture that I took and then cropped. Perhaps it's different for screenshots or other types of pictures?